Car mirrors are one of the most crucial safety features that you need to always ensure are working properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your budget because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on today, you have suffered a crash, one of your mirrors is damaged and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Ford Focus C-max? You are at the right spot, we will outline all the procedures to help you change it in the correct way. To begin, we’ll examine what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Ford Focus C-max, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Ford Focus C-max?
Let’s go, we commence this guide with the part that probably interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Ford Focus C-max? This process is fairly simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, remember to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, usually there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Ford Focus C-max. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Ford Focus C-max, you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Ford Focus C-max?
If perhaps you only need to change the window of the side mirror of your Ford Focus C-max, you will initially need to discover the sort of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the most basic methodology is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Ford Focus C-max and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least complicated system to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To verify that it is well situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Ford Focus C-max you will need to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Ford Focus C-max, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you much easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you want more guides on the Ford Focus C-max, go to our Ford Focus C-max category.