Car mirrors are one of the vital security features that you need to perpetually ensure that are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on today, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Ford F 250? You are at the best place, we will outline all the steps to help you change it correctly. First, we’ll have a look at what attracts you here, how to change a complete side mirror on your Ford F 250, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Ford F 250?
Let’s go, we begin this guide with the part that most certainly appeal you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Ford F 250? This operation is fairly simple and you should be competent to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to allow you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Ford F 250. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your Ford F 250, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Ford F 250?
In the event that you just need to change the window of the side mirror of your Ford F 250, you will initially need to discern the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the easiest approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Ford F 250 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least complicated device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same and push it back in place with force. To verify that it is perfectly installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Ford F 250 you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, replace it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Ford F 250, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
To discover more tips on the Ford F 250, take a look at the Ford F 250 category.