Car mirrors are one of the most important security features that you have to perpetually be sure are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other road users and your budget because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on today, you have suffered a crash, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Ford F 150 ? You are at the best place, we will outline all the methods to help you replace it correctly. First, we’ll have a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Ford F 150 , and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Ford F 150 ?
Let’s go, we commence this guidebook with the part that most likely concerns you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Ford F 150 ? This process is quite simple and you should be competent to do it on your own with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Ford F 150 . Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Ford F 150 , you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Ford F 150 ?
If perhaps you just want to replace the window of the side mirror of your Ford F 150 , you will initially need to discern the kind of locking of your mirror. To accomplish this, the simplest approach is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to replace the side mirror glass of your Ford F 150 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest unit to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is perfectly situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Ford F 150 you will have to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can uncover the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Ford F 150 , in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is perfectly placed.
If you need more guides on the Ford F 150 , go to our Ford F 150 category.