Car mirrors are one of the most essential safety features that you need to perpetually make sure are operating properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case that interests us on this page, you have suffered a crash, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Ford C-max 2? You are at the right place, we will outline all the methods to help you change it properly. To begin, we’ll examine what attracts you here, how to change a complete side mirror on your Ford C-max 2, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Ford C-max 2?
Let’s go, we start this guidebook with the part that almost certainly interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Ford C-max 2? This operation is quite easy and you should be competent to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to enable you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Ford C-max 2. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Ford C-max 2, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Ford C-max 2?
In the event you only need to change the window of the side mirror of your Ford C-max 2, you will first of all need to discover the kind of locking of your mirror. To do this, the easiest strategy is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your Ford C-max 2 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least complicated system to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Ford C-max 2 you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and smoothly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Ford C-max 2, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you much easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you want more guides on the Ford C-max 2, go to our Ford C-max 2 category.