Vehicle mirrors are one of the most important security features that you have to always ensure are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your finances because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on in this article, you have endured a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your Dodge Dart? You are at the right spot, we will detail all the procedures to help you replace it properly. First of all, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your Dodge Dart, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Dodge Dart?
Let’s go, we begin this article with the part that certainly interests you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Dodge Dart? This process is very simple and you should be capable to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to remove the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is in most cases clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in most cases there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Dodge Dart. Make sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will only have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace the side mirror of your Dodge Dart, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Dodge Dart?
In case you just wish to replace the window of the side mirror of your Dodge Dart, you will first of all need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the most basic strategy is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to replace the side mirror glass of your Dodge Dart and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least complicated system to remove. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to remove the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To verify that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Dodge Dart you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, replace it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the event of defrosting system
- Stick to the positioning guide (notch) and softly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Dodge Dart, generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
To find more tips on the Dodge Dart, take a look at the Dodge Dart category.