Car mirrors are one of the vital security features that you must always make sure are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your budget because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the case we will focus on today, you have endured a crash, one of your mirrors is broken and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Dacia Lodgy? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the steps to help you replace it correctly. First of all, we’ll examine what attracts you here, how to change a complete side mirror on your Dacia Lodgy, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Dacia Lodgy?
Let’s go, we begin this article with the part that certainly appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Dacia Lodgy? This operation is very simple and you should be able to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, usually there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to enable you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Dacia Lodgy. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Dacia Lodgy, you see it wasn’t that hard to do.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Dacia Lodgy?
In the event that you just need to replace the window of the side mirror of your Dacia Lodgy, you will first of all need to discern the kind of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the most basic procedure is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to replace the side mirror glass of your Dacia Lodgy and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the easiest system to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back in place with force. To check that it is well positioned, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Dacia Lodgy you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case there is defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Check that it is well positioned by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Dacia Lodgy, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you much easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you have any additional questions about the Dacia Lodgy, do not hesitate to consult our Dacia Lodgy category.