Car mirrors are one of the most vital security features that you have to perpetually ensure that are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a faulty side mirror. This is the circumstance we will focus on in this article, you have endured a collision, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Citroen C8? You are at the right place, we will detail all the methods to help you replace it properly. To begin, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this website, how to change a complete side mirror on your Citroen C8, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Citroen C8?
Let’s go, we commence this guide with the part that certainly appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Citroen C8? This process is quite simple and you should be able to do it yourself with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is generally clipped on the door. For power mirrors, remember to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to enable you to pass this step of changing the side mirror of your Citroen C8. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to replace the side mirror of your Citroen C8, you know now that it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Citroen C8?
In the event that you simply want to replace the window of the side mirror of your Citroen C8, you will first of all need to identify the kind of locking of your mirror. To do this, the most basic technique is to check out the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to replace the side mirror glass of your Citroen C8 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the least complicated system to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Citroen C8 you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and gently push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Citroen C8, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse operation to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Citroen C8, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C8 category.