Car mirrors are one of the most vital safety features that you have to always make certain are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other motorists and your finances because you can be fined if you have a faulty mirror. This is the case we will focus on today, you have dealt with a crash, one of your side mirrors is damaged and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Chevrolet Avalanche? You are at the right place, we will highlight all the steps to help you replace it properly. First, we’ll consider what attracts you here, how to change a complete side mirror on your Chevrolet Avalanche, and then how to replace only the mirror glass.
How to replace a complete side mirror on my Chevrolet Avalanche?
Let’s go, we begin this guidebook with the part that most certainly appeal you the most, how to replace a side mirror on my Chevrolet Avalanche? This operation is quite simple and you should be capable to do it without help with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take out the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. To finish, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do the trick to allow you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Chevrolet Avalanche. Be sure to keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not drop out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will simply have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and finally put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to replace the side mirror of your Chevrolet Avalanche, you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just replace the window of the side mirror of my Chevrolet Avalanche?
In case you only wish to replace the window of the side mirror of your Chevrolet Avalanche, you will first need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the easiest procedure is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to replace the side mirror glass of your Chevrolet Avalanche and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the most simple device to take out. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take out the window “by force”.
- To reposition it, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is perfectly placed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to replace the side mirror glass of your Chevrolet Avalanche you will have to identify the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Be sure to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well placed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Chevrolet Avalanche, most of the time it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you less difficult access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is equipped with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is perfectly fixed.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Chevrolet Avalanche, do not hesitate to consult our Chevrolet Avalanche category.