Car mirrors are one of the most crucial security features that you have to perpetually ensure that are working correctly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a malfunctioning mirror. This is the case we will focus on on this page, you have suffered a collision, one of your side mirrors is broken and you are now wanting to know how to change a side mirror on your BMW i3? You are at the best place, we will highlight all the steps to help you change it accurately. First, we’ll consider what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your BMW i3, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my BMW i3?
Let’s go, we commence this guidebook with the part that likely interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my BMW i3? This procedure is very simple and you should be able to do it yourself with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s interior, it is in general clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure you unplug the power connector that you will see at the rear of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, in general there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your BMW i3. Make sure you keep the mirror on the outside of your car when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just discovered how to change the side mirror of your BMW i3, you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my BMW i3?
If perhaps you simply want to change the window of the side mirror of your BMW i3, you will initially need to determine the type of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the easiest technique is to check out the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you want to change the side mirror glass of your BMW i3 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are fortunate people, it is the least difficult device to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back in place with force. To check that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your BMW i3 you will need to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure you keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one supplied it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and carefully push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can find the location of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your BMW i3, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you much easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the mechanism.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
If you want more tutorials on the BMW i3, go to our BMW i3 category.