Car mirrors are one of the most essential safety features that you have to perpetually make sure are operating properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a defective side mirror. This is the circumstance that interests us on this page, you have dealt with a collision, one of your side mirrors is ruined and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL ? You are at the right place, we will explain all the guidelines to help you change it in the right way. First, we’ll take a look at what attracts you on this page, how to change a complete side mirror on your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL , and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my BENTLEY CONTINENTAL ?
Let’s go, we start this guide with the part that probably concerns you the most, how to change a side mirror on my BENTLEY CONTINENTAL ? This process is quite simple and you should be able to do it yourself with a minimum of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, be sure to unplug the power connector that you will see behind the cover. Finally, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, usually there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL . Remember to keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. At last to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish put back the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL , you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my BENTLEY CONTINENTAL ?
In the event that you just need to change the window of the side mirror of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL , you will first of all need to discern the sort of locking of your mirror. To achieve this, the simplest procedure is to examine the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you need to change the side mirror glass of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the most simple system to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic object to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back right into place with force. To check that it is well situated, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL you will have to locate the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Remember to keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one included it with your new window, change it on your new window, take apart the old one paying attention to the electric cables in case of defrosting system
- Follow the positioning guide (notch) and delicately push it into its housing so as not to break it. Examine that it is well situated by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your BENTLEY CONTINENTAL , generally it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite direction to give you easier access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the device.
- If your mirror is furnished with a defrosting system, do the reverse procedure to reattach it and check that it is well placed.
If you need more guides on the BENTLEY CONTINENTAL , go to our BENTLEY CONTINENTAL category.