Car mirrors are one of the most crucial safety features that you must always make certain are functioning properly, because it is your safety, the safety of other drivers and your wallet because you can be fined if you have a defective mirror. This is the circumstance that interests us today, you have dealt with a collision, one of your mirrors is ruined and you are now wondering how to change a side mirror on your Audi A6? You are at the best place, we will outline all the steps to help you change it accurately. First of all, we’ll look at what attracts you in this article, how to change a complete side mirror on your Audi A6, and then how to change only the mirror glass.
How to change a complete side mirror on my Audi A6?
Let’s go, we begin this guidebook with the part that likely interests you the most, how to change a side mirror on my Audi A6? This process is quite simple and you should be capable to do it on your own with a minimum amount of tooling. You will just need to take off the plastic cover inside your car’s cabin, it is usually clipped on the door. For power mirrors, make sure to unplug the power connector that you will see in back of the cover. At last, you will have to unscrew the screws that hold the mirror, generally there are three, a simple screwdriver should do just fine to let you to complete this step of changing the side mirror of your Audi A6. Make sure keep the mirror on the outside of your vehicle when unscrewing the last screw, so that it does not fall out. Finally to install your new side mirror, you will just have to fit the new one in the 3 screw axes, screw it back in, reconnect the electricity if it is electric and to finish reposition the plastic cover. That’s it, you’ve just learned how to change the side mirror of your Audi A6, you see it wasn’t that complicated.
How do you just change the window of the side mirror of my Audi A6?
In case you just wish to change the window of the side mirror of your Audi A6, you will first of all need to identify the kind of locking of your mirror. To get this done, the least complicated strategy is to look at the fixing system on the replacement glass.
Side mirror glass replacing: tongue-locking glass
- If you wish to change the side mirror glass of your Audi A6 and it uses a tongue and groove system, you are lucky, it is the most simple system to take off. All you have to do is to use a plastic thing to take off the window “by force”.
- To put it back in place, do the same thing and push it back in place with force. To verify that it is well installed, move it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: metal spring locking glass
- With this locking system, to change the side mirror glass of your Audi A6 you will have to find the locking spring, turn the glass in the opposite way to give you access to it, disassemble it.
- Make sure keep the spring because it is possible that you have not one provided it with your new window, change it on your new window, dismantle the old one paying attention to the electric cables in the case of defrosting system
- Go along with the positioning guide (notch) and softly push it into its housing so as not to break it. Verify that it is well installed by moving it around.
Side mirror glass replacing: swivel tray locking glass
- You can locate the position of the swivel plate of the window to be changed on the side mirror of your Audi A6, in most cases it is at the bottom behind the window
- Turn the glass in the opposite way to give you less complicated access to the device and using a screwdriver, rotate the system.
- If your mirror is built with a defrosting system, do the reverse process to reattach it and check that it is well fixed.
If you want more guides on the Audi A6, go to our Audi A6 category.