Newer automobiles include an increasingly notable number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to focus on a very effective feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In truth, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Volvo S90 . To do this, first, we will see how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Volvo S90 isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Volvo S90 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Volvo S90 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can discover all the auto parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our daily life, however we do not constantly know how they work, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Volvo S90 functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Volvo S90. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have exact info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more accurate and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Volvo S90 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Volvo S90 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Volvo S90 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Volvo S90, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In truth, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have endured the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Volvo S90 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Volvo S90 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, obviously, the road network is regularly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re probably affected by an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Volvo S90’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Volvo S90: If you have reception complications, whether frequent or continuing, the problem will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Volvo S90 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software problem, in truth, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Volvo S90 mapping complications: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Volvo S90, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content on this subject to identify the process to stick to. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely encountering an electrical trouble . We advise you to verify the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Volvo S90 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you resolve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Volvo S90?
We now proceed to the last part of our content page which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Volvo S90 . To do this, we will review in turn the complications that we founded in the previous part and give you the solution to each of them:
If you need more guides on the Volvo S90, go to our Volvo S90 category.