Newer vehicles incorporate an increasingly notable number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to focus on a very useful feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In actual fact, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Toyota Tundra . To do this, first, we will discover how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Toyota Tundra isn’t functioning? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Toyota Tundra GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Toyota Tundra doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can figure out all the parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us considerably in our daily life, however we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Toyota Tundra works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Toyota Tundra. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more accurate and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Toyota Tundra not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Toyota Tundra . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Toyota Tundra doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Toyota Tundra, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In actual fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Toyota Tundra gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Toyota Tundra gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, indeed, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most likely affected by an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Toyota Tundra’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Toyota Tundra: If you have reception complications, whether regular or permanent, the problem will absolutely come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, change it with a new one.
- GPS Toyota Tundra bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software problem, obviously, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To solve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Toyota Tundra mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Toyota Tundra, don’t think twice to seek advice from our website on this subject to find out the procedure to follow. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely going through an electrical trouble . We advise you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Toyota Tundra that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you resolve this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Toyota Tundra?
We now proceed to the last component of our content page which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Toyota Tundra . To do this, we will talk about in turn the complications that we founded in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Toyota Tundra, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Tundra category.