Newer vehicles include an more and more impressive number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial option that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In truth, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Toyota 86 . To do this, first, we will discover how the GPS of a car works, then, why the GPS of a Toyota 86 isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Toyota 86 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Toyota 86 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can discover all the auto parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us greatly in our day to day life, on the other hand we do not constantly know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Toyota 86 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Toyota 86. It is required to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have precise information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to improve GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more correct and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Toyota 86 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Toyota 86 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Toyota 86 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Toyota 86, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In truth, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Toyota 86 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Toyota 86 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, obviously, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re probably struggling with an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Toyota 86’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Toyota 86: If you have reception problems, if frequent or continuing, the problem will certainly come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Toyota 86 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software problem, indeed, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Toyota 86 mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Toyota 86, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content page on this subject to identify the process to follow. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are probably going through an electrical problem . We recommend you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Toyota 86 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an article to help you fix this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Toyota 86?
We now move on to the last component of our content which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Toyota 86 . To do this, we will review in turn the problems that we identified in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you need more guides on the Toyota 86, go to our Toyota 86 category.