Newer vehicles come with an increasingly notable number of options. If it’s bluetooth to enjoy the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial option that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In fact, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Tesla Model Y . To get this done, first, we will discover how the GPS of a car works, then, why the GPS of a Tesla Model Y isn’t working? And, finally, how to correct it.
How does a Tesla Model Y GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Tesla Model Y doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it works so that you can discover all the parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us significantly in our daily life, however we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Tesla Model Y works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Tesla Model Y. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Tesla Model Y not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Tesla Model Y . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Tesla Model Y doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Tesla Model Y, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Tesla Model Y gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Tesla Model Y gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, obviously, the road network is constantly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re almost certainly impacted by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Tesla Model Y’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Tesla Model Y: If you have reception problems, whether frequent or continuing, the issue will absolutely come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Tesla Model Y bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the car dealers, it’s a software issue, in truth, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Tesla Model Y mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Tesla Model Y, don’t think twice to consult our website on this subject to identify the process to stick to. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely experiencing an electrical trouble . We suggest you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Tesla Model Y that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you solve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Tesla Model Y?
We now proceed to the last part of our content page which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Tesla Model Y . To do this, we will review in turn the problems that we identified in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
If you wish more guides on the Tesla Model Y, go to our Tesla Model Y category.