Newer vehicles include an more and more impressive number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to enjoy the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very valuable feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In fact, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Seat Ateca . To get this done, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Seat Ateca isn’t working? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Seat Ateca GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Seat Ateca doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it functions so that you can understand all the parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us significantly in our daily life, however we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Seat Ateca functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Seat Ateca. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have correct information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Seat Ateca not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Seat Ateca . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Seat Ateca doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Seat Ateca, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have experienced the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Seat Ateca gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Seat Ateca gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, indeed, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly suffering from an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Seat Ateca’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Seat Ateca: If you have reception problems, if repeated or lasting, the problem will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, change it with a new one.
- GPS Seat Ateca bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software problem, in actual fact, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To resolve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Seat Ateca mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Seat Ateca, don’t think twice to consult our website on this subject matter to find out the procedure to follow. This may as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely experiencing an electrical trouble . We suggest you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Seat Ateca that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you solve this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Seat Ateca?
We now move on to the last component of our content which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Seat Ateca . To achieve this, we will review in turn the problems that we identified in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you wish more tutorials on the Seat Ateca, go to our Seat Ateca category.