Newer vehicles come with an more and more spectacular number of features. If it’s bluetooth to enjoy the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very valuable option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In fact, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Peugeot 806 . To get this done, first, we will see how the GPS of a car functions, then, why the GPS of a Peugeot 806 isn’t working? And, finally, how to correct it.
How does a Peugeot 806 GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Peugeot 806 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our daily life, however we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Peugeot 806 functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Peugeot 806. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have correct info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to improve GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more correct and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Peugeot 806 not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Peugeot 806 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Peugeot 806 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS signal on your Peugeot 806, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Peugeot 806 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Peugeot 806 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, indeed, the road network is constantly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re likely impacted by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Peugeot 806’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Peugeot 806: If you have reception complications, if repeated or lasting, the issue will absolutely come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Peugeot 806 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software issue, in fact, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Peugeot 806 mapping complications: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Peugeot 806, don’t think twice to seek advice from our article on this subject to find out the process to stick to. This may also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely going through an electrical issue . We recommend you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Peugeot 806 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you resolve this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Peugeot 806?
We now proceed to the last component of our article content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Peugeot 806 . To do this, we will review in turn the complications that we determined in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
Whenever you have any further questions about the Peugeot 806, do not hesitate to consult our Peugeot 806 category.