Newer vehicles come with an more and more spectacular number of options. If it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In actual fact, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Peugeot 3008 . To achieve this, first, we will see how the GPS of a car works, then, why the GPS of a Peugeot 3008 isn’t functioning? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Peugeot 3008 GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Peugeot 3008 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can understand all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our daily life, on the other hand we do not constantly know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Peugeot 3008 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Peugeot 3008. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have correct info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to improve GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Peugeot 3008 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Peugeot 3008 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can locate an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Peugeot 3008 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Peugeot 3008, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In actual fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Peugeot 3008 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Peugeot 3008 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, indeed, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re almost certainly affected by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Peugeot 3008’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Peugeot 3008: If you have reception problems, if regular or lasting, the issue will absolutely result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Peugeot 3008 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software issue, in reality, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Peugeot 3008 mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Peugeot 3008, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content page on this subject matter to identify the process to follow. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely going through an electrical issue . We suggest you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Peugeot 3008 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you fix this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Peugeot 3008?
We now move on to the last component of our content page which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Peugeot 3008 . To get this done, we will review in turn the problems that we determined in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you wish more guides on the Peugeot 3008, go to our Peugeot 3008 category.