Newer automobiles include an more and more impressive number of features. If it’s bluetooth to play the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very effective feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Indeed, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Nissan Versa . To do this, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Nissan Versa isn’t working? And, at last, how to resolve it.
How does a Nissan Versa GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Nissan Versa doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our day to day life, on the other hand we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Nissan Versa functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Nissan Versa. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have correct info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more accurate and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Nissan Versa not working anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Nissan Versa . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can locate an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Nissan Versa doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Nissan Versa, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. Indeed, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Nissan Versa gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Nissan Versa gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, indeed, the road network is regularly changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly impacted by an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Nissan Versa’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Nissan Versa: If you have reception complications, if regular or continuing, the issue will certainly come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Nissan Versa bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software issue, in actual fact, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To solve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Nissan Versa mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Nissan Versa, don’t think twice to seek advice from our article content on this subject to find out the process to stick to. This may possibly as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely going through an electrical problem . We suggest you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Nissan Versa that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an article to help you fix this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Nissan Versa?
We now proceed to the last part of our article which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Nissan Versa . To get this done, we will talk about in turn the complications that we determined in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
If you wish more tutorials on the Nissan Versa, go to our Nissan Versa category.