Newer vehicles come with an increasingly spectacular number of options. If it’s bluetooth to play the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very practical option that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In truth, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Nissan Patrol 3 . To get this done, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Nissan Patrol 3 isn’t working? And, finally, how to correct it.
How does a Nissan Patrol 3 GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Nissan Patrol 3 doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it works so that you can figure out all the parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us considerably in our daily life, on the other hand we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Nissan Patrol 3 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Nissan Patrol 3. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have correct information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more accurate and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Nissan Patrol 3 not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Nissan Patrol 3 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Nissan Patrol 3 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Nissan Patrol 3, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In truth, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Nissan Patrol 3 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Nissan Patrol 3 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, in truth, the road network is continuously evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re almost certainly experiencing an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Nissan Patrol 3’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Nissan Patrol 3: If you have reception complications, if regular or lasting, the issue will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Nissan Patrol 3 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software issue, in fact, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Nissan Patrol 3 mapping complications: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Nissan Patrol 3, don’t hesitate to consult our article on this subject to identify the process to stick to. This may also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely encountering an electrical trouble . We suggest you to check the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Nissan Patrol 3 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an article to help you fix this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Nissan Patrol 3?
We now move on to the last part of our content page which will allow you to fix the buggy GPS of your Nissan Patrol 3 . To achieve this, we will review in turn the complications that we identified in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
If you wish more guides on the Nissan Patrol 3, go to our Nissan Patrol 3 category.