Newer automobiles include an more and more spectacular number of options. Whether it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very effective feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. In truth, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Mercedes Vito . To get this done, first, we will see how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Mercedes Vito isn’t functioning? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Mercedes Vito GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Mercedes Vito doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can understand all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our daily life, however we do not constantly know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Mercedes Vito works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Mercedes Vito. It is required to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have precise information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more exact and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Mercedes Vito not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Mercedes Vito . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Mercedes Vito doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS signal on your Mercedes Vito, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In truth, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we show you later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Mercedes Vito gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Mercedes Vito gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, in actual fact, the road network is regularly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most likely experiencing an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Mercedes Vito’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Mercedes Vito: If you have reception problems, if regular or permanent, the problem will certainly come from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Mercedes Vito bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software problem, obviously, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To solve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Mercedes Vito mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Mercedes Vito, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject to find out the process to follow. This may possibly also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely encountering an electrical problem . We recommend you to verify the state of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Mercedes Vito that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content page to help you resolve this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Mercedes Vito?
We now proceed to the last component of our article content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Mercedes Vito . To achieve this, we will review in turn the problems that we determined in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If you have any additional questions about the Mercedes Vito, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Vito category.