Newer vehicles come with an more and more notable number of options. If it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Obviously, we are going to help you to resolve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Mazda CX 9 . To accomplish this, first, we will see how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Mazda CX 9 isn’t working? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Mazda CX 9 GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Mazda CX 9 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can discover all the auto parts of this article.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our everyday life, however we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Mazda CX 9 works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Mazda CX 9. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have exact information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Mazda CX 9 not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Mazda CX 9 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Mazda CX 9 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS reception on your Mazda CX 9, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Mazda CX 9 gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Mazda CX 9 gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, in actual fact, the road network is continuously changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re almost certainly experiencing an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Mazda CX 9’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Mazda CX 9: If you have reception complications, if frequent or continuing, the problem will absolutely result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make certain that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Mazda CX 9 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software problem, indeed, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Mazda CX 9 mapping complications: In this situation, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Mazda CX 9, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our article on this subject matter to find out the procedure to follow. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are almost certainly encountering an electrical trouble . We recommend you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Mazda CX 9 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an article to help you resolve this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Mazda CX 9?
We now move on to the last part of our content which will allow you to repair the buggy GPS of your Mazda CX 9 . To achieve this, we will review in turn the complications that we founded in the previous part and give you the solution to each of them:
To find more tips on the Mazda CX 9, take a look at the Mazda CX 9 category.