Newer automobiles come with an increasingly impressive number of features. If it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to focus on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In fact, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Jeep Compass . To get this done, first, we will discover how the GPS of a motor vehicle functions, then, why the GPS of a Jeep Compass isn’t working? And, finally, how to resolve it.
How does a Jeep Compass GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Jeep Compass doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it functions so that you can discover all the parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us significantly in our everyday life, nevertheless we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Jeep Compass functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact information on the position of your Jeep Compass. It is required to capture 4 satellites simultaneously to have precise information, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more correct and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Jeep Compass not working anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Jeep Compass . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can locate an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Jeep Compass doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have complications with the reception of the GPS signal on your Jeep Compass, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have endured the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to resolve it.
- The GPS of my Jeep Compass gives me bad navigation information: If the GPS of your Jeep Compass gives you bad information and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, in actual fact, the road network is regularly changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t react, you’re probably impacted by an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Jeep Compass’s GPS.
- GPS reception complications Jeep Compass: If you have reception complications, whether repeated or continuing, the problem will undoubtedly result from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Jeep Compass bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software problem, in fact, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped working. To correct this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Jeep Compass mapping complications: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Jeep Compass, don’t hesitate to consult our website on this subject matter to find out the procedure to stick to. This might as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are likely encountering an electrical problem . We recommend you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Jeep Compass that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content page to help you fix this problem.
How do you resolve the GPS on a Jeep Compass?
We now move on to the last component of our article content which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Jeep Compass . To do this, we will talk about in turn the complications that we founded in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Jeep Compass, do not hesitate to consult our Jeep Compass category.