Newer automobiles come with an increasingly impressive number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to hear the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very useful feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In actual fact, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Honda Fit . To achieve this, first, we will find out how the GPS of a car works, then, why the GPS of a Honda Fit isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Honda Fit GPS work?
Before seeing why the GPS of your Honda Fit doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it works so that you can understand all the parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Mobile phones that help us greatly in our daily life, nevertheless we do not always know how they function, here is a list of their main features:
- The GPS of a Honda Fit works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites allow you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Honda Fit. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more exact and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Honda Fit not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Honda Fit . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Honda Fit doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Honda Fit, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. In actual fact, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the show of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Honda Fit gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Honda Fit gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, obviously, the road network is constantly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re almost certainly impacted by an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Honda Fit’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Honda Fit: If you have reception problems, whether repeated or lasting, the problem will absolutely originate from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Honda Fit bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the sellers, it’s a software problem, obviously, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Honda Fit mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Honda Fit, don’t think twice to consult our article content on this subject matter to find out the procedure to stick to. This may as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely going through an electrical problem . We recommend you to check the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Honda Fit that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content to help you fix this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Honda Fit?
We now move on to the last part of our article which will allow you to repair the buggy GPS of your Honda Fit . To do this, we will review in turn the problems that we founded in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
To discover more tips on the Honda Fit, take a look at the Honda Fit category.