Newer vehicles come with an more and more spectacular number of features. If it’s bluetooth to listen to the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or integrated GPS, car manufacturers have not finished surprising us. Today we’re going to concentrate on a very beneficial feature that can handicap you if it doesn’t work. Obviously, we are going to help you to solve problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Fiat 500 . To do this, first, we will find out how the GPS of a car functions, then, why the GPS of a Fiat 500 isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to fix it.
How does a Fiat 500 GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Fiat 500 doesn’t work anymore , we will first check out how it functions so that you can figure out all the auto parts of this content.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us considerably in our day to day life, however we do not always know how they operate, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Fiat 500 functions like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Fiat 500. It is necessary to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to optimise GPS reception. That’s why a car GPS will be more accurate and effective than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Fiat 500 not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll move on to the GPS problems on your Fiat 500 . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can discover an explanation for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Fiat 500 doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Fiat 500, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna problem. Obviously, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the signal of your GPS. It is possible that you have endured the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we explain later how to fix it.
- The GPS of my Fiat 500 gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Fiat 500 gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping problem, obviously, the road network is constantly evolving and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re likely impacted by an electrical problem or a bug in the operating system of your Fiat 500’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Fiat 500: If you have reception problems, whether repeated or permanent, the problem will undoubtedly originate from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So make sure that it has not been afflicted by any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the circumstance, replace it with a new one.
- GPS Fiat 500 bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the dealers, it’s a software problem, in actual fact, every 20 years there is a problem with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this problem, just go to the settings of your GPS and replace the date manually.
- GPS Fiat 500 mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Fiat 500, don’t hesitate to consult our content on this subject to find out the process to stick to. This might as well fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are most likely encountering an electrical trouble . We recommend you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Fiat 500 that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve done an content to help you solve this problem.
How do you fix the GPS on a Fiat 500?
We now move on to the last component of our guideline which will enable you to repair the buggy GPS of your Fiat 500 . To get this done, we will talk about in turn the problems that we founded in the previous component and give you the solution to each of them:
To discover more tips on the Fiat 500, take a look at the Fiat 500 category.