Newer automobiles incorporate an more and more notable number of features. Whether it’s bluetooth to play the music on your phone, WiFi to keep the internet connection, or built-in GPS, motor vehicle manufacturers have not finished surprising us. In this article we’re going to concentrate on a very effective option that can handicap you if it doesn’t function. In truth, we are going to help you to fix problems of GPS which doesn’t work anymore on a Chevrolet Avalanche . To achieve this, first, we will find out how the GPS of a motor vehicle works, then, why the GPS of a Chevrolet Avalanche isn’t functioning? And, at last, how to correct it.
How does a Chevrolet Avalanche GPS work?
Before discovering why the GPS of your Chevrolet Avalanche doesn’t work anymore , we will first look at how it works so that you can understand all the auto parts of this content page.
We now know all the GPS on Smartphones that help us greatly in our day to day life, on the other hand we do not always know how they work, here is a list of their most important features:
- The GPS of a Chevrolet Avalanche works like all devices using this technology, they use the network of satellites in earth orbit (24 satellites at 20 000km altitude). These satellites enable you to triangularize the position of the GPS device and thus give exact info on the position of your Chevrolet Avalanche. It is required to capture 4 satellites at the same time to have precise info, hence the reception bugs when you are in landlocked or mountainous areas.
- A playback screen and touch or button controls to interact and set it up.
- Use your radio’s antenna to maximize GPS reception. That’s why a motor vehicle GPS will be more correct and powerful than a Smartphone GPS.
Why is the GPS on my Chevrolet Avalanche not functioning anymore?
Now we’ll proceed to the GPS problems on your Chevrolet Avalanche . There are few of them, we will try to list them all so that you can find an reason for your GPS not working anymore:
- The GPS of my Chevrolet Avalanche doesn’t pick up the signal anymore: If you have problems with the reception of the GPS reception on your Chevrolet Avalanche, if you have no signal reception at all or if it bugs recurrently, you must have an antenna issue. In truth, it is the antenna that will take care of improving the alert of your GPS. It is possible that you have suffered the bug of April 6, 2019 which concerns the GPS of the years 2000, we describe later how to correct it.
- The GPS of my Chevrolet Avalanche gives me bad navigation info: If the GPS of your Chevrolet Avalanche gives you bad info and has a tendency to get lost or mislaid, it is highly possible that you have a mapping issue, obviously, the road network is regularly changing and it is possible that your cartography is not up to date.
- My GPS screen is frozen: : Well, if your GPS screen bugs, freezes, or doesn’t respond, you’re most certainly struggling with an electrical issue or a bug in the operating system of your Chevrolet Avalanche’s GPS.
- GPS reception problems Chevrolet Avalanche: If you have reception problems, whether regular or lasting, the issue will certainly originate from your reception equipment, i. e. the antenna on your roof. So ensure that it has not been subjected to any shock, twisting or other damage, if this is the case, change it with a new one.
- GPS Chevrolet Avalanche bug of April 6, 2019: This bug is now well known by the retailers, it’s a software issue, obviously, every 20 years there is a issue with the management of the date of the GPS software, and this date arrived on April 6, 2019, many old generation GPS stopped functioning. To resolve this issue, just go to the settings of your GPS and change the date manually.
- GPS Chevrolet Avalanche mapping problems: In this scenario, if your GPS gives you bad information, you will have to update the GPS of your Chevrolet Avalanche, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content page on this subject to identify the process to follow. This might also fix some operating system bugs.
- Finally, if your GPS doesn’t turn on anymore and the screen freezes, you are almost certainly encountering an electrical problem . We recommend you to verify the condition of the fuses. If it’s the screen of your Chevrolet Avalanche that doesn’t work anymore, we’ve made an content page to help you fix this problem.
How do you correct the GPS on a Chevrolet Avalanche?
We now proceed to the last part of our content which will enable you to fix the buggy GPS of your Chevrolet Avalanche . To achieve this, we will talk about in turn the problems that we determined in the previous part and give you the remedy to each of them:
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Avalanche, take a look at the Chevrolet Avalanche category.