With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was obvious that cars would adhere to the tendency. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Ford Fiesta, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this provides a specific comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. Today we’re going to try to help you solve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Ford Fiesta anymore. To get this done, first of all, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Ford Fiesta , and at last how to solve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Ford Fiesta
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your Ford Fiesta no longer functions, we will first find out all the positive points that this equipment will provide you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the manufacturer and not those bought in car centers. On this website is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your car:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The opportunity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his car due to the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Ford Fiesta Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the section you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Ford Fiesta no longer works? To do this, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, in this article are the most important ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Ford Fiesta doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a car with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the solution to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Ford Fiesta turns on and off for no explanation: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Ford Fiesta
After seeing why the touch screen of your Ford Fiesta is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s likely a bug you’re going through, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Ford Fiesta by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Ford Fiesta switches on and off for no explanation: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the problem.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Ford Fiesta, do not hesitate to consult our Ford Fiesta category.