With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would follow the trend. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Citroen Ds4, for a few years now many cars have been equipped with touch screens. Although this brings a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. In this article we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Citroen Ds4 anymore. To achieve this, first of all, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen complications on Citroen Ds4 , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Citroen Ds4
Before we can see why the touch screen of your Citroen Ds4 no longer works, we will first find out all the positive attributes that this equipment will provide you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in car centers. On this website is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car due to the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Citroen Ds4 Touch Screen Problems
We will now move on to the section you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Citroen Ds4 no longer functions? To get this done, we tried to distinguish all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, in this article are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Citroen Ds4 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic situations on a car with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the solution to this problem
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Citroen Ds4 turns on and off for no cause: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to correct touch screen Citroen Ds4
After discovering why the touch screen of your Citroen Ds4 is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we explained before, it’s likely a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Citroen Ds4 by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your Citroen Ds4 switches on and off for no cause: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your car to a car electrician who can correct the problem.
To get more tips on the Citroen Ds4, take a look at the Citroen Ds4 category.