With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was clear that cars would stick to the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Citroen C5, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Although this brings a specific comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. In this article we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Citroen C5 anymore. To accomplish this, to begin with, we’re going to find out the features of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Citroen C5 , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Citroen C5
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Citroen C5 no longer works, we will first find out all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will just concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the manufacturer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. Here is a list of the advantages and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your motor vehicle:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to follow a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle caused by the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Citroen C5 Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the part you are most interested in knowing why the touch screen of my Citroen C5 no longer works? To do this, we tried to identify all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, here are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Citroen C5 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common cases on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the remedy to this issue
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Citroen C5 turns on and off for no cause: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to resolve touch screen Citroen C5
After seeing why the touch screen of your Citroen C5 is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that circumstance, as we said before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re going through, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, remember to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Citroen C5 by following this article.
- The touch screen of your Citroen C5 switches on and off for no cause: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can resolve the issue.
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Citroen C5, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen C5 category.