With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was evident that cars would adhere to the movement. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Chevrolet Malibu, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Nevertheless this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the worries. In this article we’re going to try to help you fix a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Chevrolet Malibu anymore. To accomplish this, first of all, we’re going to find out the advantages of having a touch screen in your car, then the various touch screen problems on Chevrolet Malibu , and at last how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Chevrolet Malibu
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Malibu no longer operates, we will first find out all the positive points that this equipment will provide you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those included by the maker and not those bought in car centers. On this website is a list of the pros and interesting features of a touch screen included in your car:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his car because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as compared to the buttons and knobs previously used
Chevrolet Malibu Touch Screen Complications
We will now proceed to the section you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Chevrolet Malibu no longer works? To achieve this, we tried to distinguish all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your car. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, in this article are the main ones you might be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Chevrolet Malibu doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most general situations on a car with a screen, in most cases it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the remedy to this issue
- The touch screen of my car doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s most likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Chevrolet Malibu turns on and off for no reason: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Chevrolet Malibu
After discovering why the touch screen of your Chevrolet Malibu is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we explained before, it’s most likely a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Chevrolet Malibu by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Chevrolet Malibu switches on and off for no reason: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t locate anything, take your car to a car electrician who can fix the issue.
To discover more tips on the Chevrolet Malibu, take a look at the Chevrolet Malibu category.