With the democratization of new technologies, the extensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was clear that cars would follow the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the Cadillac XTS, for a few years now many cars have been built with touch screens. Nevertheless this gives a certain comfort, with technology comes also the problems. Today we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen issue that doesn’t work on Cadillac XTS anymore. To do this, first of all, we’re going to discover the pros of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen problems on Cadillac XTS , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Cadillac XTS
Before we can check out why the touch screen of your Cadillac XTS no longer operates, we will first discover all the positive points that this equipment will bring you. We will just focus on the native touch screens, those integrated by the maker and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. On this website is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen integrated in your motor vehicle:
- The opportunity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Access to many setting options on his motor vehicle due to the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and therefore receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
Cadillac XTS Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the section you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my Cadillac XTS no longer functions? To do this, we tried to determine all the problems that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different problems, but that said, on this website are the most important ones you may be experiencing:
- The touch screen on my Cadillac XTS doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic cases on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply issue, go to the next section to get the remedy to this issue
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s probably a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Cadillac XTS turns on and off for no reason: In such a case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to resolve touch screen Cadillac XTS
After discovering why the touch screen of your Cadillac XTS is no longer working , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the problems you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the most important touch screen problems:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In such a case, you will have to look at the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we explained before, it’s probably a bug you’re enduring, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a issue with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s just your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Cadillac XTS by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Cadillac XTS switches on and off for no reason: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can resolve the issue.
To find more tips on the Cadillac XTS, take a look at the Cadillac XTS category.