With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive usage of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and internet sites, it was obvious that cars would stick to the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be integrated to the Buick Regal, for a few years now many cars have been pre-loaded with touch screens. Nevertheless this brings a specific comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. Today we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on Buick Regal anymore. To get this done, to begin with, we’re going to see the features of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen complications on Buick Regal , and at last how to resolve them.
Benefits of a touch screen on Buick Regal
Before we can find out why the touch screen of your Buick Regal no longer functions, we will first see all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those included by the producer and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. Here is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen included in your motor vehicle:
- The ability to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The ability to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle because of the operating system included in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as opposed to the buttons and knobs previously used
Buick Regal Touch Screen Problems
We will now proceed to the part you are most keen on knowing why the touch screen of my Buick Regal no longer works? To achieve this, we tried to distinguish all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, in this article are the main ones you may be encountering:
- The touch screen on my Buick Regal doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most basic situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in many instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t react anymore it’s likely a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my Buick Regal turns on and off for no explanation: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen Buick Regal
After seeing why the touch screen of your Buick Regal is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, in most cases it will be a blown fuse, so verify the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we explained before, it’s likely a bug you’re encountering, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your Buick Regal by following this tuto.
- The touch screen of your Buick Regal switches on and off for no explanation: In this scenario it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Check the state of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t discover anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can fix the problem.
If you have any additional questions about the Buick Regal, do not hesitate to consult our Buick Regal category.