Certain elements of your car are necessary to its proper running, and to go further more, fundamental to your safety and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good operating order, it’s this one. When you start to have brake complications you need to handle it right away, that’s why our team has posted this article content on brake fluid leaks on Mercedes Viano to help you solve this concern in the right way and fix it fairly quickly. To do this, we will first see the role of brake fluid, then, what causes a brake fluid leak on your Mercedes Viano , and at last, how to remedy such a leak.
What is the role of brake fluid on a Mercedes Viano?
So we commence our content by fairly quickly explaining the role of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Mercedes Viano. To discover, a brake system operates with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be pressurized and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is therefore important that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Mercedes Viano, if you don’t know how to perform this manipulation, consult our content on this subject.
Motives of a brake fluid leak on your Mercedes Viano
We now proceed to a more essential component to help you discover why you have a brake fluid leak on your Mercedes Viano .
What causes a brake fluid leak on a Mercedes Viano?
First, we’ll show you the different possible sources of the leak of your Mercedes Viano. Here are the ones below:
- A broken brake hose: It’s one of the most common causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A defective master cylinder on Mercedes Viano can lead to leaks on its different entries or exits.
- In most cases this comes about when a brake drain has been done not too long ago, and it is quite often not tightened properly.
- Wheel cylinder: Only present on drum brakes, this component can leak and cause an imbalance in the braking.
How to detect a brake fluid leak on Mercedes Viano?
We will now give you the different tips and signs of illness to interpret to check that you have a brake fluid leak on your Mercedes Viano , find them below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Mercedes Viano is on , you have to check immediately the condition of your circuit, do not think twice to consult our dedicated content to have all the measures to perform.
- If your Mercedes Viano pulls to the left or right when you brake you could have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most noticeable indications, if you feel that your pedal is much much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More obvious, but if you find brake fluid on one of these components you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is supposed to be closed.
How to resolve a brake fluid leak on Mercedes Viano?
The only remedy when you encounter a brake fluid leak on your Mercedes Viano is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, check your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your motor vehicle towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will lead to an accident. You can, however, make a few regular checks to limit the risks:
- check the brake fluid level regularly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Replace the brake fluid if you feel the brakes on your Mercedes Viano become “soft”.
If you need more tutorials on the Mercedes Viano, go to our Mercedes Viano category.