Certain auto parts of your car are essential to its normal performance, and to go further, essential to your security and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good operating order, it’s this one. When you begin to have brake complications you need to deal with it right away, that’s why our team has written this article on brake fluid leaks on Lexus NX to help you address this matter in the right way and deal with it fairly quickly. To do this, we will first see the function of brake fluid, then, what causes a brake fluid leak on your Lexus NX , and finally, how to fix such a leak.
What is the function of brake fluid on a Lexus NX?
So we commence our article by fairly quickly telling you the function of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Lexus NX. To figure out, a brake system operates with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is consequently vital that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Lexus NX, if you don’t know how to conduct this manipulation, consult our article on this subject.
Causes of a brake fluid leak on your Lexus NX
We now proceed to a more essential component to help you figure out why you have a brake fluid leak on your Lexus NX .
What causes a brake fluid leak on a Lexus NX?
First, we’ll show you the different possible sources of the leak of your Lexus NX. Here are the ones down below:
- A damaged brake hose: It’s one of the most basic causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A faulty master cylinder on Lexus NX can result in leaks on its different entries or exits.
- Most of the time this comes about when a brake drain has been done recently, and it is generally not tightened correctly.
- Wheel cylinder: Only present on drum brakes, this component can leak and trigger an imbalance in the braking.
How to notice a brake fluid leak on Lexus NX?
We will now give you the different recommendations and symptoms to interpret to verify that you have a brake fluid leak on your Lexus NX , discover them down below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Lexus NX is on , you have to verify directly the condition of your circuit, do not hesitate to consult our dedicated article to have all the steps to conduct.
- If your Lexus NX pulls to the left or right when you brake you could have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most apparent signs, if you experience that your pedal is much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More obvious, but if you discover brake fluid on one of these elements you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is designed to be closed.
How to fix a brake fluid leak on Lexus NX?
The only solution when you encounter a brake fluid leak on your Lexus NX is to go to your garage. If it is light, check your level and drive carefully to the garage, if it is too big don’t drive and have your car towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will result in an accident. You can, however, make a few frequent checks to limit the risks:
- check the brake fluid level repeatedly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Change the brake fluid if you experience the brakes on your Lexus NX become “soft”.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Lexus NX, do not hesitate to consult our Lexus NX category.