Certain auto parts of your car are essential to its normal running, and to go further, necessary to your safety and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good working order, it’s this one. When you start to have brake complications you need to take care of it right away, that’s why our team has written and published this article content on brake fluid leaks on Kia Stronic to help you resolve this concern in the right method and handle it quickly. To do so, we will first discover the purpose of brake fluid, then, what triggers a brake fluid leak on your Kia Stronic , and finally, how to repair such a leak.
What is the purpose of brake fluid on a Kia Stronic?
So we start our content by quickly explaining the purpose of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Kia Stronic. To figure out, a brake system functions with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is consequently necessary that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Kia Stronic, if you don’t know how to conduct this manipulation, seek advice from our content on this subject.
Causes of a brake fluid leak on your Kia Stronic
We now move on to a more essential component to help you figure out why you have a brake fluid leak on your Kia Stronic .
What triggers a brake fluid leak on a Kia Stronic?
First, we’ll explain the different possible roots of the leak of your Kia Stronic. Here are the ones below:
- A broken brake hose: It’s one of the most basic causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A defective master cylinder on Kia Stronic can lead to leaks on its different entries or exits.
- Most of the time this happens when a brake drain has been performed recently, and it is often not tightened effectively.
- Wheel cylinder: Just present on drum brakes, this component can leak and cause an imbalance in the braking.
How to spot a brake fluid leak on Kia Stronic?
We will now give you the different recommendations and signs of illness to interpret to check that you have a brake fluid leak on your Kia Stronic , locate them below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Kia Stronic is on , you have to check immediately the condition of your circuit, do not hesitate to seek advice from our dedicated content to have all the measures to conduct.
- If your Kia Stronic pulls to the left or right when you brake you might have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most visible indications, if you experience that your pedal is much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More obvious, but if you locate brake fluid on one of these components you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is designed to be closed.
How to correct a brake fluid leak on Kia Stronic?
The just remedy when you experience a brake fluid leak on your Kia Stronic is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, check your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your car towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will lead to an accident. You can, however, make a few regular checks to limit the risks:
- check the brake fluid level regularly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Change the brake fluid if you experience the brakes on your Kia Stronic become “soft”.
If you wish more guides on the Kia Stronic, go to our Kia Stronic category.