Certain elements of your car are fundamental to its proper running, and to go further more, essential to your safety and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good operating conditions, it’s this one. When you start to have brake problems you need to deal with it right away, that’s why our team has written and published this article content on brake fluid leaks on Hyundai Sonata to help you resolve this concern in the right way and fix it quickly. To do this, we will first discover the function of brake fluid, then, what triggers a brake fluid leak on your Hyundai Sonata , and to finish, how to repair such a leak.
What is the function of brake fluid on a Hyundai Sonata?
So we commence our content by quickly telling you the function of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Hyundai Sonata. To figure out, a brake system operates with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is consequently essential that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Hyundai Sonata, if you don’t know how to accomplish this manipulation, consult our content on this subject.
Motives of a brake fluid leak on your Hyundai Sonata
We now move on to a more important component to help you figure out why you have a brake fluid leak on your Hyundai Sonata .
What triggers a brake fluid leak on a Hyundai Sonata?
First, we’ll explain the different possible origins of the leak of your Hyundai Sonata. Here are the ones below:
- A broken brake hose: It’s one of the most basic causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A faulty master cylinder on Hyundai Sonata can lead to leaks on its different entries or exits.
- In most cases this occurs when a brake drain has been performed not too long ago, and it is often not tightened correctly.
- Wheel cylinder: Just present on drum brakes, this component can leak and trigger an imbalance in the braking.
How to spot a brake fluid leak on Hyundai Sonata?
We will now give you the different recommendations and signs of illness to interpret to verify that you have a brake fluid leak on your Hyundai Sonata , locate them below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Hyundai Sonata is on , you have to verify straight the condition of your circuit, do not think twice to consult our dedicated content to have all the measures to accomplish.
- If your Hyundai Sonata pulls to the left or right when you brake you may possibly have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most apparent indications, if you feel that your pedal is much much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More obvious, but if you locate brake fluid on one of these elements you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is designed to be closed.
How to fix a brake fluid leak on Hyundai Sonata?
The only remedy when you experience a brake fluid leak on your Hyundai Sonata is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, check your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your motor vehicle towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will lead to an accident. You can, however, make a few regular checks to limit the risks:
- check the brake fluid level regularly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Replace the brake fluid if you feel the brakes on your Hyundai Sonata become “soft”.
To discover more tips on the Hyundai Sonata, take a look at the Hyundai Sonata category.