Certain auto parts of your motor vehicle are vital to its correct operation, and to go further, fundamental to your security and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good operating order, it’s this one. When you begin to have brake problems you need to manage it right away, that’s why our team has written and published this article content on brake fluid leaks on Fiat 500 X to help you resolve this matter in the right way and deal with it fairly quickly. To do this, we will first see the function of brake fluid, then, what causes a brake fluid leak on your Fiat 500 X , and at last, how to remedy such a leak.
What is the function of brake fluid on a Fiat 500 X?
So we commence our content page by fairly quickly telling you the function of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Fiat 500 X. To figure out, a brake system operates with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is consequently necessary that you constantly have the right level of brake fluid on your Fiat 500 X, if you don’t know how to accomplish this manipulation, seek advice from our content page on this subject.
Causes of a brake fluid leak on your Fiat 500 X
We now proceed to a more necessary component to help you figure out why you have a brake fluid leak on your Fiat 500 X .
What causes a brake fluid leak on a Fiat 500 X?
First, we’ll show you the different possible sources of the leak of your Fiat 500 X. Here are the ones below:
- A damaged brake hose: It’s one of the most general causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A faulty master cylinder on Fiat 500 X can lead to leaks on its different entries or exits.
- Most of the time this happens when a brake drain has been done recently, and it is quite often not tightened effectively.
- Wheel cylinder: Only present on drum brakes, this component can leak and cause an imbalance in the braking.
How to detect a brake fluid leak on Fiat 500 X?
We will now give you the different tips and signs of illness to interpret to verify that you have a brake fluid leak on your Fiat 500 X , discover them below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Fiat 500 X is on , you have to verify directly the state of your circuit, do not hesitate to seek advice from our dedicated content page to have all the steps to accomplish.
- If your Fiat 500 X pulls to the left or right when you brake you may have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most visible symptoms, if you experience that your pedal is much much easier to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More logical, but if you discover brake fluid on one of these elements you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is supposed to be closed.
How to resolve a brake fluid leak on Fiat 500 X?
The just solution when you encounter a brake fluid leak on your Fiat 500 X is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, verify your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your motor vehicle towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will lead to an accident. You can, nevertheless, make a few regular checks to limit the risks:
- verify the brake fluid level regularly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Replace the brake fluid if you experience the brakes on your Fiat 500 X become “soft”.
If you need more tutorials on the Fiat 500 X, go to our Fiat 500 X category.