Certain components of your motor vehicle are fundamental to its proper working, and to go further, necessary to your security and that of other users. Your braking system is one of them, and if there’s one thing that must be in good working order, it’s this one. When you begin to have brake complications you need to deal with it right away, that’s why our team has posted this article content on brake fluid leaks on Citroen Jumpy 2 to help you resolve this difficulty in the right method and fix it quickly. To accomplish this, we will first see the role of brake fluid, then, what causes a brake fluid leak on your Citroen Jumpy 2 , and to finish, how to repair such a leak.
What is the role of brake fluid on a Citroen Jumpy 2?
So we commence our content by quickly detailing the role of this famous brake fluid in the braking system of your Citroen Jumpy 2. To discover, a brake system operates with a closed hydraulic circuit, that is to say that you will have rigid hoses filled with brake fluid that are pressurized by the master cylinder, and when you press your brake pedal, your brake fluid will be compressed and will actuate your brake calipers so that they pinch the brake pads on your discs. It is therefore essential that you always have the right level of brake fluid on your Citroen Jumpy 2, if you don’t know how to conduct this manipulation, consult our content on this subject.
Motives of a brake fluid leak on your Citroen Jumpy 2
We now proceed to a more necessary part to help you discover why you have a brake fluid leak on your Citroen Jumpy 2 .
What causes a brake fluid leak on a Citroen Jumpy 2?
First, we’ll show you the different possible roots of the leak of your Citroen Jumpy 2. Here are the ones down below:
- A broken brake hose: It’s one of the most common causes, one of the brake hoses has been cut and you lose brake fluid and pressure through this hole.
- A faulty master cylinder on Citroen Jumpy 2 can result in leaks on its different entries or exits.
- In most cases this comes about when a brake drain has been performed not too long ago, and it is generally not tightened correctly.
- Wheel cylinder: Only present on drum brakes, this part can leak and trigger an imbalance in the braking.
How to spot a brake fluid leak on Citroen Jumpy 2?
We will now give you the different suggestions and symptoms to interpret to check that you have a brake fluid leak on your Citroen Jumpy 2 , find them down below:
- If the ABS warning light of your Citroen Jumpy 2 is on , you have to check immediately the state of your circuit, do not think twice to consult our dedicated content to have all the steps to conduct.
- If your Citroen Jumpy 2 pulls to the left or right when you brake you may possibly have a brake fluid leak.
- This is one of the most noticeable signs, if you feel that your pedal is much less difficult to press down and goes up more slowly, it is very likely that you have a loss of pressure in your brake system.
- More logical, but if you find brake fluid on one of these components you are bound to have a leak since this circuit is designed to be closed.
How to resolve a brake fluid leak on Citroen Jumpy 2?
The only solution when you experience a brake fluid leak on your Citroen Jumpy 2 is to go to your mechanic. If it is light, check your level and drive carefully to the mechanic, if it is too big don’t drive and have your motor vehicle towed. A general breakdown of your brake system will result in an accident. You can, however, make a few regular checks to limit the risks:
- check the brake fluid level regularly.
- Purge your brakes every two years or 40, 000 miles.
- Change the brake fluid if you feel the brakes on your Citroen Jumpy 2 become “soft”.
If you have any further questions about the Citroen Jumpy 2, do not hesitate to consult our Citroen Jumpy 2 category.