With the democratization of new technologies, the intensive use of smartphones, 24-hour internet connection and social networks, it was clear that cars would follow the phenomena. And after the era of the DVD car radio that could be added to the BMW X1, for a few years now many cars have been furnished with touch screens. Although this brings a specific comfort, with technology comes also the concerns. In this article we’re going to try to help you resolve a touch screen problem that doesn’t work on BMW X1 anymore. To get this done, first of all, we’re going to discover the advantages of having a touch screen in your motor vehicle, then the various touch screen complications on BMW X1 , and finally how to correct them.
Benefits of a touch screen on BMW X1
Before we can look at why the touch screen of your BMW X1 no longer functions, we will first discover all the positive aspects that this equipment will bring you. We will only concentrate on the native touch screens, those built in by the maker and not those bought in motor vehicle centers. Here is a list of the positive aspects and interesting features of a touch screen built in in your motor vehicle:
- The capacity to watch multimedia content on your screen.
- The capacity to stick to a GPS track with a screen of a sizeable size.
- Gain access to to many setting options on his motor vehicle caused by the operating system integrated in the screen
- Synchronize your smartphone and consequently receive calls.
- Ease of use of the touchscreen as contrary to the buttons and knobs previously used
BMW X1 Touch Screen Complications
We will now move on to the part you are most enthusiastic about knowing why the touch screen of my BMW X1 no longer functions? To do this, we tried to identify all the complications that exist on the touch screens of your motor vehicle. There aren’t 50 different complications, but that said, here are the main ones you may be encountering:
- The touch screen on my BMW X1 doesn’t turn on anymore: This is one of the most common situations on a motor vehicle with a screen, in most instances it’s a power supply problem, go to the next section to get the remedy to this problem
- The touch screen of my motor vehicle doesn’t respond anymore: If your screen gets stuck on a page and it doesn’t respond anymore it’s most certainly a bug in the operating system of your screen.
- The touch screen of my BMW X1 turns on and off for no reason: In this case you are certainly a victim of a short circuit.
How to fix touch screen BMW X1
After seeing why the touch screen of your BMW X1 is no longer functioning , we will try to give you the solutions to each of the complications you may encounter. Down below are the solutions to each of the main touch screen complications:
- The touch screen doesn’t turn on at all: In this case, you will have to check out the power supply side of the touch screen, most of the time it will be a blown fuse, so check the status of the fuse.
- The touch screen is frozen: In that case, as we said before, it’s most certainly a bug you’re experiencing, you’ll have to try to unplug/replug the fuses, to restart the screen . If this doesn’t work, you may have a problem with the version of the screen’s operating system, make sure to contact your dealer. If it’s only your GPS that’s bugging, you can update the GPS of your BMW X1 by following this guide.
- The touch screen of your BMW X1 switches on and off for no reason: In this situation it is highly likely that you are the victim of a short circuit. Verify the condition of your fuses and connectors, if you can’t find anything, take your motor vehicle to a motor vehicle electrician who can fix the problem.
If you need more guides on the BMW X1, go to our BMW X1 category.