We are increasingly more persons to want to carry out the routine service of our Volkswagen Polo 4 by themself, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least simple service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more difficult and we can not carry out all their routine service, but some works like servicing its Volkswagen Polo 4 can be accomplished without too much difficulty. We are going to help you today to choose the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4 , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to ensure you an optimal engine behaviour. To achieve this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4 , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Volkswagen Polo 4 , and finally, we will finish with some tips on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4
We will therefore begin our content page with a small buying guidebook to help you choose the best motor oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4 with peace of mind. To achieve this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil properly, furthermore to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Volkswagen Polo 4?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Volkswagen Polo 4 is to lubricate your engine to assure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and ensuring sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Volkswagen Polo 4 :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Volkswagen Polo 4 (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will indicate the engine’s ability to begin cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to modify it to the temperature in which you drive your Volkswagen Polo 4.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Volkswagen Polo 4 (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Volkswagen Polo 4 in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The requirements : They are made on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the instruction manual of your Volkswagen Polo 4 that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little impact in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Volkswagen Polo 4 to avoid having to focus on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are principally composed of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the fact that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of several components that will improve its life expectancy. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its car. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should remember to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Volkswagen Polo 4 engines, indeed, the protection of the engine will be optimum and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Volkswagen Polo 4
We now begin our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Volkswagen Polo 4 , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best retailers so that you can produce your choice in the best conditions. We have done it a point to present just oils adapted to your Volkswagen Polo 4, so you will not actually find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Volkswagen Polo 4
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Volkswagen Polo 4 lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Volkswagen Polo 4 with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Volkswagen Polo 4.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Volkswagen Polo 4
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Volkswagen Polo 4
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Volkswagen Polo 4 from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil suitable for all engines from Volkswagen Polo 4
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suitable for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4 which will be adapted to the most difficult engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines designed with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suitable for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine oil for your Volkswagen Polo 4
And to finish this content page, we will give you some advice on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Volkswagen Polo 4, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may damage your engine.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil suppliers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Volkswagen Polo 4
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If you need more guides on the Volkswagen Polo 4, go to our Volkswagen Polo 4 category.