We are increasingly more people to desire to execute the maintenance of our Volkswagen Arteon by themselves, in actual fact, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least basic service can fairly quickly exceed 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more complex and we can not execute all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Volkswagen Arteon can be accomplished without too much problems. We are going to help you in this article to choose the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Arteon , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to ensure you an optimum engine unit behaviour. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Volkswagen Arteon , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Volkswagen Arteon , and finally, we will end with some tips on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Volkswagen Arteon
We will therefore commence our article with a small buying guidebook to help you choose the best motor oil for your Volkswagen Arteon with peace of mind. To do this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil properly, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Volkswagen Arteon?
The role of the engine oil in your Volkswagen Arteon is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Volkswagen Arteon :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Volkswagen Arteon (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will indicate the engine’s ability to start cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to adapt it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Volkswagen Arteon.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Volkswagen Arteon (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Volkswagen Arteon in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The standards : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the guidebook of your Volkswagen Arteon that the oil in question is compatible with your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little impact in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Volkswagen Arteon to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will advise you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to stick to these tips.
The different types of engine oil for your Volkswagen Arteon
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are specifically made from crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. However, the fact that they are natural will trigger them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of specific elements that will improve its lifespan. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. However, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Volkswagen Arteon engines, in actual fact, the protection of the engine unit will be ideal and the cold start too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Volkswagen Arteon
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Volkswagen Arteon , we will present our range and direct you to the best sellers so that you can produce your choice in the best conditions. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Volkswagen Arteon, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Volkswagen Arteon
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Volkswagen Arteon lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Volkswagen Arteon with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Volkswagen Arteon.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Volkswagen Arteon
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Volkswagen Arteon
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Volkswagen Arteon from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil appropriate for all engines from Volkswagen Arteon
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Volkswagen Arteon which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Volkswagen Arteon
And to end this article, we will give you some recommendations on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Volkswagen Arteon, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil companies and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Volkswagen Arteon
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Volkswagen Arteon, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Arteon category.