We are increasingly more people to wish to conduct the maintenance of our Toyota Matrix by themselves, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least basic service can quickly surpass 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more complex and we can not conduct all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Toyota Matrix can be performed without too much complexity. We are going to help you today to select the best engine oil for your Toyota Matrix , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to assure you an ideal engine unit behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to choose the right engine oil for your Toyota Matrix , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Toyota Matrix , and finally, we will conclude with some recommendations on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Toyota Matrix
We will therefore commence our article with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Toyota Matrix with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. No matter the reason, you should know that if you select your engine oil accurately, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Toyota Matrix?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Toyota Matrix is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Toyota Matrix :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Toyota Matrix (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will indicate the engine’s ability to begin cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to modify it to the temperature in which you drive your Toyota Matrix.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Toyota Matrix (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is important to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Toyota Matrix in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the guidebook of your Toyota Matrix that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little effect in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Toyota Matrix to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these recommendations.
The different types of engine oil for your Toyota Matrix
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are specifically consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. However, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of specific elements that will improve its lifespan. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its car. Additionally, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. However, you should remember to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Toyota Matrix engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be optimal and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Toyota Matrix
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Toyota Matrix , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your decision in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present just oils adapted to your Toyota Matrix, so you will not actually locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Toyota Matrix
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Toyota Matrix lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Toyota Matrix with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Toyota Matrix.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Toyota Matrix
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Toyota Matrix
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Toyota Matrix from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil suited to all engines from Toyota Matrix
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Toyota Matrix which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Toyota Matrix
And to conclude this article, we will give you some suggestions on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Toyota Matrix, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Be aware that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the instructions of the oil manufacturers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Toyota Matrix
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If you need more guides on the Toyota Matrix, go to our Toyota Matrix category.