We are increasingly more people to desire to execute the maintenance of our Suzuki Sx4 alone, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least basic service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more complex and we can not execute all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Suzuki Sx4 can be carried out without too much difficulty. We are going to help you today to select the best engine oil for your Suzuki Sx4 , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to ensure you an optimal engine actions. To achieve this, firstly, we will see how to choose the right engine oil for your Suzuki Sx4 , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Suzuki Sx4 , and finally, we will end with some recommendations on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Suzuki Sx4
We will consequently commence our content with a small buying guidebook to help you select the best motor oil for your Suzuki Sx4 with peace of mind. To get this done, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, furthermore to preserving it, you will decrease your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Suzuki Sx4?
The function of the engine oil in your Suzuki Sx4 is to lubricate your engine to ensure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Suzuki Sx4 :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Suzuki Sx4 (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will signify the engine’s ability to begin cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the climatic conditions in which you drive your Suzuki Sx4.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Suzuki Sx4 (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is important to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Suzuki Sx4 in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The standards : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the instructions of your Suzuki Sx4 that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little effect in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Suzuki Sx4 to avoid having to focus on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to stick to these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Suzuki Sx4
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are principally consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should make sure to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This kind of oil is really adapted to the recent Suzuki Sx4 engines, indeed, the protection of the engine will be optimum and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Suzuki Sx4
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Suzuki Sx4 , we will present our choice and direct you to the best retailers so that you can produce your decision in the best circumstances. We have made it a point to present just oils adapted to your Suzuki Sx4, so you will not necessarily discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Suzuki Sx4
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Suzuki Sx4 lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Suzuki Sx4 with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Suzuki Sx4.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Suzuki Sx4
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Suzuki Sx4
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Suzuki Sx4 from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil suited to all engines from Suzuki Sx4
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Suzuki Sx4 which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine oil for your Suzuki Sx4
And to end this content, we will give you some tips on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Suzuki Sx4, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine.
- Observe the instructions of the oil producers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Suzuki Sx4
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
To get more tips on the Suzuki Sx4, take a look at the Suzuki Sx4 category.