We are more and more people to desire to execute the maintenance of our Subaru Impreza by themself, in truth, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least basic service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest automobiles are more and more difficult and we can not execute all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Subaru Impreza can be carried out without too much difficulty. We are going to help you in this article to choose the best engine oil for your Subaru Impreza , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to guarantee you an optimum engine unit behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will discover how to choose the right engine oil for your Subaru Impreza , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Subaru Impreza , and finally, we will end with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Subaru Impreza
We will consequently commence our content page with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Subaru Impreza with peace of mind. To do this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil accurately, in addition to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Subaru Impreza?
The function of the engine oil in your Subaru Impreza is to lubricate your engine unit to assure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Subaru Impreza :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Subaru Impreza (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to adapt it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Subaru Impreza.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Subaru Impreza (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is important to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Subaru Impreza in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are made on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the book of your Subaru Impreza that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your judgement, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Subaru Impreza to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Subaru Impreza
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are mainly made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several components that will boost its lifespan. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its car. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Subaru Impreza engines, in truth, the protection of the engine unit will be optimal and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Subaru Impreza
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Subaru Impreza , we will present our range and direct you to the best sellers so that you can produce your decision in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Subaru Impreza, so you will not necessarily discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Subaru Impreza
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Subaru Impreza lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Subaru Impreza with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Subaru Impreza.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Subaru Impreza
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suited to all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Subaru Impreza
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Subaru Impreza from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil suited to all engines from Subaru Impreza
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Subaru Impreza which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suited to the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Subaru Impreza
And to end this content page, we will give you some tips on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Subaru Impreza, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may harm your engine unit.
- Observe the recommendations of the oil companies and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Subaru Impreza
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
If perhaps you have any additional questions about the Subaru Impreza, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Impreza category.