We are more and more people to desire to conduct the routine service of our Renault Trafic 3 by themselves, obviously, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least simple service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more complex and we can not conduct all their routine service, but some acts like servicing its Renault Trafic 3 can be carried out without too much complexity. We are going to help you on this web page to choose the best engine oil for your Renault Trafic 3 , this will enable you to do your oil change without any headache and to guarantee you an optimal engine behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will discover how to select the right engine oil for your Renault Trafic 3 , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Renault Trafic 3 , and finally, we will end with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Renault Trafic 3
We will so commence our content page with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Renault Trafic 3 with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. No matter the reason, you should know that if you choose your engine oil properly, in addition to preserving it, you will decrease your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Renault Trafic 3?
The function of the engine oil in your Renault Trafic 3 is to lubricate your engine to assure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Renault Trafic 3 :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Renault Trafic 3 (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to change it to the temperature in which you drive your Renault Trafic 3.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Renault Trafic 3 (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Renault Trafic 3 in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the guidebook of your Renault Trafic 3 that the oil in question is appropriate for your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little influence in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Renault Trafic 3 to avoid having to focus on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these recommendations.
The different types of engine oil for your Renault Trafic 3
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are mainly consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the fact that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of specific elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its vehicle. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This type of oil is really adapted to the recent Renault Trafic 3 engines, obviously, the protection of the engine will be ideal and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Renault Trafic 3
We now commence our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Renault Trafic 3 , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your decision in the best conditions. We have made it a point to present just oils adapted to your Renault Trafic 3, so you will not actually find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Renault Trafic 3
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Renault Trafic 3 lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to change or top up the oil level of your Renault Trafic 3 with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Renault Trafic 3.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your vehicle.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Renault Trafic 3
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with quite a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Renault Trafic 3
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Renault Trafic 3 from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil ideal for all engines from Renault Trafic 3
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Renault Trafic 3 which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Suitable for engines built with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine oil for your Renault Trafic 3
And to end this content page, we will give you some advice on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Renault Trafic 3, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may damage your engine.
- Observe the instructions of the oil manufacturers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Renault Trafic 3
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
Whenever you have any additional questions about the Renault Trafic 3, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Trafic 3 category.