We are more and more persons to desire to execute the routine service of our Renault Kadjar by themselves, in fact, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least basic service can fairly quickly go over 100€. The recent vehicles are more and more complex and we can not execute all their routine service, but some works like servicing its Renault Kadjar can be performed without too much complexity. We are going to help you in this article to select the best engine oil for your Renault Kadjar , this will allow you to do your oil change without any headache and to assure you an ideal engine unit behaviour. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Renault Kadjar , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Renault Kadjar , and finally, we will finish with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Renault Kadjar
We will therefore commence our article with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Renault Kadjar with peace of mind. To do this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the kind of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. No matter the reason, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The specifications that differentiate engine oils for Renault Kadjar?
The function of the engine oil in your Renault Kadjar is to lubricate your engine unit to assure that all the gears in it can run properly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other functions such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Renault Kadjar :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Renault Kadjar (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will reveal the engine’s ability to begin cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the climatic conditions in which you drive your Renault Kadjar.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Renault Kadjar (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is essential to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Renault Kadjar in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The requirements : They are written on the back of the oil canister you can discover them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the manual of your Renault Kadjar that the oil in question is compatible with your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your judgement, there are enough objective specifications in the composition of motor oil for Renault Kadjar to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not necessary to follow these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Renault Kadjar
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are specifically composed of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. On the other hand, the truth that they are natural will trigger them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be necessary to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of certain components that will boost its life expectancy. It is thus preferred for a polyvalent use of its car. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should remember to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Renault Kadjar engines, in fact, the protection of the engine unit will be optimum and the cold begin too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Renault Kadjar
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Renault Kadjar , we will present our choice and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your decision in the best conditions. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Renault Kadjar, so you will not actually discover “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Renault Kadjar
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Renault Kadjar lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to change or top up the oil level of your Renault Kadjar with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Renault Kadjar.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Renault Kadjar
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price for this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all kind of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Renault Kadjar
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Renault Kadjar from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil suited to all engines from Renault Kadjar
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Renault Kadjar which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna have the ability to get the price.
- Not suited to older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Renault Kadjar
And to finish this article, we will give you some tips on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Renault Kadjar, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may harm your engine unit.
- Observe the instructions of the oil suppliers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Renault Kadjar
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
If you need more tutorials on the Renault Kadjar, go to our Renault Kadjar category.