We are increasingly more people to desire to carry out the maintenance of our Mercedes Benz CLS Class by themself, in truth, the labour in mechanics is very pricey and the least simple service can quickly surpass 100€. The modern vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not carry out all their maintenance, but some works like servicing its Mercedes Benz CLS Class can be performed without too much problems. We are going to help you in this article to choose the best engine oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to guarantee you an optimum engine actions. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to choose the right engine oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class , and finally, we will conclude with some suggestions on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class
We will therefore commence our content with a small buying guidebook to help you choose the best motor oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class with peace of mind. To accomplish this, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil correctly, in addition to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Mercedes Benz CLS Class?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Mercedes Benz CLS Class is to lubricate your engine to assure that all the gears in it can run efficiently , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other tasks such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will signify the engine’s ability to start cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to change it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Mercedes Benz CLS Class.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is essential to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Mercedes Benz CLS Class in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The requirements : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the book of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class that the oil in question is suitable for your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car companies have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these tips.
The different types of engine oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are known as mineral oils because they are mainly composed of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. However, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several elements that will improve its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its car. Moreover, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This type of oil is really adapted to the recent Mercedes Benz CLS Class engines, in truth, the protection of the engine will be optimum and the cold start too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Mercedes Benz CLS Class
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Mercedes Benz CLS Class , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your choice in the best conditions. We have made it a point to present just oils adapted to your Mercedes Benz CLS Class, so you will not necessarily locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Mercedes Benz CLS Class lowcost, so that according to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Ideal for all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Mercedes Benz CLS Class
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Mercedes Benz CLS Class from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil appropriate for all engines from Mercedes Benz CLS Class
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Ideal for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines equipped with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine oil for your Mercedes Benz CLS Class
And to conclude this content, we will give you some recommendations on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Mercedes Benz CLS Class, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may affect your engine.
- Observe the instructions of the oil suppliers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Mercedes Benz CLS Class
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If you need more guides on the Mercedes Benz CLS Class, go to our Mercedes Benz CLS Class category.