We are more and more people to desire to conduct the routine service of our Mercedes Benz C Class by themself, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very expensive and the least basic service can fairly quickly surpass 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not conduct all their routine service, but some works like servicing its Mercedes Benz C Class can be accomplished without too much complexity. We are going to help you today to select the best engine oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class , this will allow you to do your oil replace without any headache and to guarantee you an ideal engine unit actions. To get this done, firstly, we will discover how to choose the right engine oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Mercedes Benz C Class , and finally, we will conclude with some advice on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class
We will so begin our article with a small buying guidebook to help you select the best motor oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class with peace of mind. To get this done, we will check out the criteria that differentiate the sort of oil and then we will check out the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Mercedes Benz C Class?
The purpose of the engine oil in your Mercedes Benz C Class is to lubricate your engine unit to ensure that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. Furthermore, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other features such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be purchased in 5 litre cans. We will now check out the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Mercedes Benz C Class :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Mercedes Benz C Class (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will signify the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to modify it to the temperature in which you drive your Mercedes Benz C Class.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Mercedes Benz C Class (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is important to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. Nevertheless, if you use your Mercedes Benz C Class in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The requirements : They are made on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only requirements of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to verify in the guidebook of your Mercedes Benz C Class that the oil in question is suitable for your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please take note that the brand should have very little impact in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Mercedes Benz C Class to avoid having to focus on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will advise you on certain brands, but it is not required to stick to these advice.
The different types of engine oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are specifically made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that often consume oil. However, the truth that they are natural will trigger them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of several elements that will boost its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its car. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should remember to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Mercedes Benz C Class engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be maximum and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to limit the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Mercedes Benz C Class
We now begin our second section in which we will focus on the best motor oils for Mercedes Benz C Class , we will present our choice and direct you to the best dealers so that you can produce your decision in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Mercedes Benz C Class, so you will not actually find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Mercedes Benz C Class
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Mercedes Benz C Class lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will allow you to replace or top up the oil level of your Mercedes Benz C Class with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to verify the oil level of your Mercedes Benz C Class.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Mercedes Benz C Class
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will allow you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Appropriate for all sort of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Mercedes Benz C Class
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Mercedes Benz C Class from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil ideal for all engines from Mercedes Benz C Class
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Appropriate for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines equipped with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few tips on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Mercedes Benz C Class
And to conclude this article, we will give you some suggestions on how to produce good use of the motor oil in your Mercedes Benz C Class, and produce the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may affect your engine unit.
- Observe the instructions of the oil manufacturers and car manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Mercedes Benz C Class
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Mercedes Benz C Class, do not hesitate to consult our Mercedes Benz C Class category.