We are a lot more people to want to execute the routine service of our Lexus IS alone, in actual fact, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least simple service can fairly quickly exceed 100€. The latest vehicles are more and more difficult and we can not execute all their routine service, but some works like servicing its Lexus IS can be carried out without too much problems. We are going to help you today to choose the best engine oil for your Lexus IS , this will enable you to do your oil replace without any headache and to guarantee you an optimum engine actions. To do this, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Lexus IS , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Lexus IS , and finally, we will end with some advice on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Lexus IS
We will so commence our content with a small buying guide to help you choose the best motor oil for your Lexus IS with peace of mind. To get this done, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. Whatever the case, you should know that if you choose your engine oil accurately, furthermore to preserving it, you will reduce your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Lexus IS?
The role of the engine oil in your Lexus IS is to lubricate your engine to make certain that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its components. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other functions such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine and guaranteeing sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Lexus IS :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Lexus IS (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will show the engine’s ability to begin cold based on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is consequently up to you to modify it to the climatic conditions in which you drive your Lexus IS.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Lexus IS (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to remember that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and consequently lower your consumption. However, if you use your Lexus IS in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it although hot.
- The standards : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can locate them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are just standards of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the instruction manual of your Lexus IS that the oil in question is compatible with your engine.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little influence in your judgement, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Lexus IS to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective qualifying measure such as the brand, some car manufacturers have partnerships and will recommend you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Lexus IS
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are called mineral oils because they are principally consisting of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and consequently a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. On the other hand, the fact that they are natural will bring about them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still composed of several elements that will improve its life expectancy. It is thus appropriate for a polyvalent use of its car. Additionally, it favours a simpler cold begin than a mineral oil. On the other hand, you should make sure to replace the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Lexus IS engines, in actual fact, the protection of the engine will be ideal and the cold begin too. It is consequently a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil replace.
The 3 best motor oils for Lexus IS
We now commence our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Lexus IS , we will present our assortment and direct you to the best dealers so that you can make your choice in the best circumstances. We have made it a point to present just oils adapted to your Lexus IS, so you will not actually locate “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Lexus IS
We made the choice to select the two best engine oils for Lexus IS lowcost, so that regarding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to replace or top up the oil level of your Lexus IS with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine begins to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold begin capacity if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Lexus IS.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last over time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine oil for Lexus IS
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older vehicles or vehicles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Lexus IS
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Lexus IS from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine oil appropriate for all engines from Lexus IS
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Lexus IS which will be adapted to the most challenging engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Appropriate for engines designed with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not appropriate for older vehicles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine oil for your Lexus IS
And to end this content, we will give you some recommendations on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Lexus IS, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good component of its capacity and may harm your engine.
- Observe the advice of the oil manufacturers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine of your Lexus IS
- The oil replace intervals announced by the engine oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil replace
If you need more tutorials on the Lexus IS, go to our Lexus IS category.