We are more and more persons to desire to carry out the maintenance of our Jeep Wrangler by themselves, indeed, the labour in mechanics is very costly and the least basic service can fairly quickly go over 100€. The modern automobiles are more and more difficult and we can not carry out all their maintenance, but some acts like servicing its Jeep Wrangler can be carried out without too much complexity. We are going to help you on this web page to select the best engine oil for your Jeep Wrangler , this will enable you to do your oil change without any headache and to assure you an optimal engine unit behaviour. To get this done, firstly, we will see how to select the right engine oil for your Jeep Wrangler , then, in a second step, which are the 3 best engine oils for your Jeep Wrangler , and finally, we will finish with some advice on how to choose your engine oil.
How to select the best engine oil for your Jeep Wrangler
We will therefore begin our article with a small buying guide to help you select the best motor oil for your Jeep Wrangler with peace of mind. To achieve this, we will look at the criteria that differentiate the types of oil and then we will look at the different types of motor oil. In any case, you should know that if you select your engine oil correctly, in addition to preserving it, you will lower your consumption and your CO2 emissions.
The criteria that differentiate engine oils for Jeep Wrangler?
The function of the engine oil in your Jeep Wrangler is to lubricate your engine unit to make certain that all the gears in it can run smoothly , and to preserve the integrity of each of its elements. In addition, this oil, which will limit all friction, will have other functions such as preventing corrosion, helping to dissipate heat in the engine unit and ensuring sealing . These oils can be bought in 5 litre cans. We will now look at the different criteria for purchasing engine oil for Jeep Wrangler :
- The cold viscosity of engine oil for Jeep Wrangler (number in front of the letter “W”, which stands for “Winter”): This value will reveal the engine’s ability to start cold depending on the viscosity of the oil. 0W means -30°C; 5W means -25°C, 10W means -20°C and 15W means -15°C. It is therefore up to you to change it to the weather conditions in which you drive your Jeep Wrangler.
- The hot viscosity of the engine oil for Jeep Wrangler (value following the “W”): Value between 20 and 60, it is necessary to keep in mind that the higher the value, the thicker the layer of oil you will have when hot to protect your engine unit, and the lower the value, the less friction you will have when hot and therefore lower your consumption. However, if you use your Jeep Wrangler in the city, or with a sporty driving style, it’s better to protect it while hot.
- The specifications : They are created on the back of the oil canister you can find them such as “ACEA C1 – C4” or “VW 500. 01”, are only specifications of compatibility with different brands of cars, you have to check in the manual of your Jeep Wrangler that the oil in question is compatible with your engine unit.
- Oil brands: Please be aware that the brand should have very little effect in your reasoning, there are enough objective criteria in the composition of motor oil for Jeep Wrangler to avoid having to concentrate on a subjective criterion such as the brand, some car producers have partnerships and will encourage you on certain brands, but it is not required to follow these suggestions.
The different types of engine oil for your Jeep Wrangler
- “Mineral” engine oils 15w40: They are named mineral oils because they are specifically made up of crude refined oil, which will give them maximum viscosity and therefore a thickness suitable for old engines that tend to consume oil. However, the truth that they are natural will cause them to lose their lubricating properties more fairly quickly, so it will be required to shorten the intervals between oil changes.
- Semi-synthetic 10w40: This oil has a good quality/price ratio and is said to be semi-synthetic because it is still made up of certain components that will improve its lifespan. It is thus recommended for a polyvalent use of its car. Furthermore, it favours a simpler cold start than a mineral oil. Nevertheless, you should make sure to change the oil every 10, 000km.
- The “synthetic” oil 5w40: This sort of oil is really adapted to the recent Jeep Wrangler engines, indeed, the protection of the engine unit will be maximum and the cold start too. It is therefore a good choice either for people who drive in city centres, who have a sporty driving style, or who drive long distances and want to reduce the frequency of their oil change.
The 3 best motor oils for Jeep Wrangler
We now begin our second section in which we will concentrate on the best motor oils for Jeep Wrangler , we will present our choice and direct you to the best retailers so that you can make your choice in the best circumstances. We have done it a point to present only oils adapted to your Jeep Wrangler, so you will not actually find “10w40” in our selection.
Best Low-Cost engine oil for Jeep Wrangler
We done the choice to select the two best engine oils for Jeep Wrangler lowcost, so that corresponding to your needs you can make your choice.
Castrol GTX 15W40
This quality oil will enable you to change or top up the oil level of your Jeep Wrangler with complete peace of mind at an unbeatable price.
- Value for money
- Perfect if your engine unit starts to get miles on it.
- Mineral quality.
- Periodicity of emptying, about 10, 000km
- Cold start ability if you live in a cold region
Mobil Super 3000 5W40
A prestigious brand that offers you a kit to do your oil change plus an additional 1 litre that you can use to check the oil level of your Jeep Wrangler.
- A 100% synthetic oil that will last with time.
- Suitable for intensive use of your car.
- Less suitable for older engines.
Best mid-range engine unit oil for Jeep Wrangler
Mobil Super 3000 FE 5W30
This synthetic oil is unbeatable value for money and will protect your engine unit, turbo or injection.
- High quality synthetic material that will enable you to space out your drains.
- A price to do this interesting quality.
- Suitable for all types of pipes
- Less suitable for older automobiles or automobiles with a lot of mileage.
Best premium motor oil for Jeep Wrangler
Castrol Edge 5W30
A premium synthetic motor oil to protect your Jeep Wrangler from friction, even in the worst conditions.
- Top of the range engine unit oil ideal for all engines from Jeep Wrangler
- Startup under all conditions.
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles
Castrol Magnatec 0W30
An ultra-synthetic motor oil for your Jeep Wrangler which will be adapted to the most demanding engines such as those equipped with Start and Stop.
- Cold start under the worst conditions.
- Suitable for the most demanding engines.
- Ideal for engines pre-loaded with Start and Stop
- You’re not gonna be able to get the price.
- Not ideal for older automobiles or engines with more than 200, 000 kilometers
A few suggestions on choosing the right engine unit oil for your Jeep Wrangler
And to finish this article, we will give you some recommendations on how to make good use of the motor oil in your Jeep Wrangler, and make the right choice when you buy it:
- Take note that an open can of oil should be disposed of after one year and not be used anymore because it loses a good part of its capacity and may damage your engine unit.
- Observe the suggestions of the oil manufacturers and motor vehicle manufacturers and use only oils compatible with the engine unit of your Jeep Wrangler
- The oil change intervals announced by the engine unit oil manufacturer are important, do not exceed the mileage indicated on the canister between each oil change
To discover more tips on the Jeep Wrangler, take a look at the Jeep Wrangler category.